WHAT TO WRITE
JUNIOR CATEGORY (Any one topic, no more than 750 words)
- My cultural connections.
- An overseas visitor is coming to your town for the first time. How would you connect with them?
- A place I feel connected to.
- The Commonwealth connects people across borders – what can we learn from our neighbours?
SENIOR CATEGORY(Any one topic, no more than 1500 words)
1. ‘You are the most optimistic, connected generation the world has ever known.’ HRH The Duke of Sussex. How can you use Commonwealth connections for positive change?
- Exceeding the word count will result in automatic disqualification.
- Essays can only be uploaded as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) or in PDF format (pdf).
- Please DO NOT put your name, age and school on your entry – just your topic number, title, essay and word count. Remember, presentation is important.
- Participants are expected to show originality and flair, linked to sound academic standards and competent use of English as a written language. This includes a good standard of spelling, punctuation and neat presentation.
- Entries must respond to the topic. Each year a number of good entrants are disregarded because they do not fully answer/reflect on what the topic has asked them to do.
- Once an essay is submitted, students/teachers will not have the opportunity to revise it. Please carefully check and improve your writing before submitting the final copy.
HOW TO ENROL
Your essay will be sent to the concerned authority through school. Please forward your essay through email to: MD. ALI ASHRAF, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following details should not be a part of your essay/ write-up and send it separately to the email address above.
Name (as it appears in your certificate/passport)
Age/Date of birth